Friday, 30 October 2015
Haven wins World Luxury Family Hotel Award
Global recognition: Lau receiving the award on behalf of the Haven at the World Luxury Hotel Award 2015 presentation ceremony in Hong Kong.
IPOH: The Haven Luxury Resort has done the country proud by winning the World Luxury Family Hotel Award 2015.
The Haven Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Peter Chan said this was the first time a hospitality or hotel development in Perak or Penang had been accorded such global recognition in the sector.
The award, he said, had put Ipoh on the map – pioneering the concept of luxury family vacations for three generations in a family.
Beating hundreds of world-class establishments worldwide, Chan said the award had given Ipoh the confidence it deserved.
He said The Haven in Tambun here, which highlighted Perak’s natural beauty like limestone hills and the city’s uniqueness, also won Asia’s Best Scenic Environment Award.
Chan said the two awards were in addition to the more than 30 national and international awards The Haven had won to date.
The presentation ceremony for the Annual World Luxury Hotel Awards 2015 was held at Harbour Grand in Hong Kong on Oct 24.
The Haven’s director Amy Lau Siu Yin received the award on behalf of the company.
WORLD LUXURY HOTEL AWARDS
The World Luxury Hotel Awards is a recognized global organization providing luxury hotels with recognition for their world class facilities and service excellence provided to guests.
Awards are presented to luxury hotels in different categories on a country, continent and global basis.
The World Luxury Hotel Awards aim to encourage and raise service standards within the luxury hotel industry.
o We aim to recognise and celebrate service excellence
o To encourage key players to strive for excellence in order to grow global competitiveness in the luxury hotel industry.
o To reward the key players who deliver excellence in the hotel industry and provide these luxury hotels with extra credibility
o To give the industry motivation to aspire to and give them a cause to celebrate
o To give the public a voice that counts
o To create an awareness about the value and importance of outstanding service delivery & ultimately raise service standards
Voting is based on facilities and service excellence and is cast by hotel guests. Hotels will receive voting information and will be required to conduct voting campaigns in order to promote their participation amongst guests.
The Awards judging criteria are based upon facilities and service excellence provided by hotels. Size of a property is not taken into consideration during the nomination or voting phases.
ADVANTAGES OF PARTICIPATION
- Giving staff the recognition they deserve.
- Backed by substantial marketing and promotional campaigns ,The World Luxury Hotel Awards promotes its participant’s overall excellence further to facilities and service on a global scale by means of our international hotel hot-list and the ultimate hotel guide and Media coverage on an ad hoc basis.
- To increase the possibility of a nominated Luxury Hotel/ Lodge/Resort/Hotel Group to be voted for as the overall industry leader amongst some of the world’s top hotels.
- To provide media coverage for participating luxury establishments at the annual Gala Ceremony.
- Creating international networking opportunities.
- Providing the possibility of a fresh stream of hotel customers.